LH2152 116th Battalion -- Alexandra Park
- D. Campbell, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black-and-white photo of the 116th Battalion marching through Alexandra Park, Oshawa.
- At the start of the First World War, a group of soldiers were recruited from Ontario County by the 34th Battalion. The 116th fought with the Canadian Expeditionary Force in England, France, and Belgium, including in battles at Somme, Vimy, Ypres, and Passchendaele. The 116th's commanding officer was Lieutenant-Colonel George Randolph Pearkes.
- Date of Original
- ca. 1916
Width: 23.5 cm
Height: 18 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.9080345316449 Longitude: -78.8706564903259
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253