LH1679 Ward's Dry Goods Storefront (3)
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white photo of the corner of Simcoe & Athol Sts. view of Ward's Dry Goods Storefront.
- Ward and Dewland was the first business to occupy the Bradley Block building on the north east corner of Simcoe and Athol Streets. Opened in 1920 by J. C. Ward and W. A. Dewland, this store was also later known as Ward's Dry Goods, then Ward's Department Store. It remained at this location until 1976. Fazio's restaurant is now at this location.
Ward's relocated to 33 King Street East and closed in 2015.
- Date of Original
- ca. 1940s
Width: 25.5 cm
Height: 20.5 cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- Ward's Dry Goods
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8967037460774 Longitude: -78.8629558682442
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- PHOTO BUS B-004 000291
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253