LH0903 Burning of McLaughlin Carriage Works
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black and white of the exterior of the burning McLaughlin Carriage Works at 3 a.m.
- This factory was originally built by T. N. Gibbs.to manufacture furniture. The McLaughlin family purchased the building in 1892 for the manufacture of carriages. There was a devastating fire in 1899, after which the family worked elsewhere, and returned to Oshawa after the reconstruction. The factory began to produce cars in 1907.
- "Snap Shot"
- Date of Original
Width: 5 cm
Height: 3.5 cm
- Corporate Name(s)
- McLaughlin Carriage Works
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.90012 Longitude: -78.84957
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- Location of Original
- PHOTO MCL B-005 000157
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253