LH1062 Oshawa's Carnegie Library
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Black-and-white photo of the exterior of the old Oshawa Public Library.
- This library stood on the south-west corner of Athol and Simcoe Streets. The land was purchased from Dr. Coburn in May 1906 and the building was completed by 1909 at a cost of $12,000, funded by the Carnegie Fund. It was in use until the opening of the McLaughlin Library on Bagot Street on December 1st, 1954. This building was demolished in January 1957.
- "Oshawa Library"
- Date of Publication
Width: 12.5 cm
Height: 8 cm
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8964350896515 Longitude: -78.8632321357727
- Copyright Statement
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253