LH0497 Oshawa Legion Hall exterior
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The first Legion Hall in Oshawa was built in 1933 at 90 Centre Street South. The McLaughlin Public Library building can be seen on the far left. This building stood here until the early 1970s when the library expanded. The Legion then moved to its current location at 471 Simcoe Street South.
- Robert S. McLaughlin donated funds to allow for the construction of this building.
- Date of Original
- ca. 1960
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- PHOTO MCL B-004 000130
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253