LH0475 McLaughlin Carriage Works, Gananoque
- Media Type
- Item Type
- After a fire razed their Oshawa factory to the ground the night of December 1, 1899, the McLaughlins rented a factory in Gananogue, where 3000 carriages were built under the direction of R. S. McLaughlin.
- In 1900, they were enticed to return when the Town of Oshawa offered a loan of $50,000.
- Date of Original
- Corporate Name(s)
- McLaughlin Carriage Company
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- PHOTO MCL B-005 000161
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253