LH2992 Oshawa's First Library
- Media Type
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type
- A watercolour of Oshawa's Carnegie Library.
- This library stood on the south-west corner of Athol and Simcoe Streets. The land was purchased from Dr. Coburn in May 1906 and the building was completed by 1909 at a cost of $12,000, funded by the Carnegie Fund. It was in use until the opening of the McLaughlin Library on Bagot Street on December 1st, 1954. This building was demolished in January 1957.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.90012 Longitude: -78.84957
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253