Old timers raise doubt as to validity of elm
- Newmarket Era and Express (Newmarket, ON), 23 Oct 1947, p. 1, column 4
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Newmarket's old-timers doubt ancient elm tree used as bartering place in the early eighteen hundreds and as the root of Newmarket's name. Elm tree is considered one of Newmarket's best known and most controversial landmarks.
Popular legend of the origins of Newmarket; History of Newmarket
- Date of Publication
- 23 Oct 1947
- Personal Name(s)
- Hartry, Fred ; Armitage, Silas ; Doyle, T.F. ; Robitaille, George W.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Newmarket Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
438 Park Ave.
Newmarket, ON L3Y 1W1