January 3: Daily COVID Update
- kawarthaNOW.com, 4 Jan 2021
- Taylor, Jeannine, Publisher
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The health unit provides reports from Monday to Saturday, excluding statutory holidays. These numbers are for the two-day period January 3 and January 4.
Confirmed positive: 572, including 264 in Kawartha Lakes, 257 in Northumberland, 33 in Haliburton (increase of 18, including 7 in Kawartha Lakes and 11 in Northumberland)*
Active cases: 72, including 31 in Kawartha Lakes, 37 in Northumberland, and 4 in Haliburton (net increase of 7)
Probable cases: 2, in Northumberland (no change)
High-risk contacts: 179, including 58 in Kawartha Lakes, 92 in Northumberland, and 2 in Haliburton (net decrease of 60)
**Hospitalizations (total to date): 24, including 16 in Kawartha Lakes, 7 in Northumberland, and 1 in Haliburton (increase of 1 in Kawartha Lakes)
Deaths: 34 (no change)
Resolved: 479, including 222 in Kawartha Lakes, 228 in Northumberland, 29 in Haliburton (increase of 11, including 4 in Kawartha Lakes, 6 in Northumberland, and 1 in Haliburton)
Institutional outbreaks: Christian Horizons group home in Northumberland, Hope St.Terrace long-term care home in Port Hope (no change)
*The health unit states that total counts and counts for individual counties may fluctuatefrom previously reported counts as cases are transferred to or from the health unit basedon case investigation details and routine data cleaning.
**This total includes 27 high-risk contacts directly followed up through the Public HealthOntario contact tracing process that are missing the contacts’ county.
- Jeannine Taylor
- Place of Publication
- Peterborough, ON
- Date of Original
- 4 Jan 2021
- Date Of Event
- 4 Jan 2021
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6