December 23: Daily COVID Update
- kawarthaNOW.com, 23 Dec 2020
- Taylor, Jeannine, Publisher
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit’s service area is the City of Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland County, and Haliburton County. The health unit provides reports from Monday to Saturday, excluding statutory holidays.
Confirmed positive: 461, including 224 in Kawartha Lakes, 215 in Northumberland, 27 in Haliburton (increase of 2, including 1 in Kawartha Lakes and 1 in Northumberland)
*Active cases: 42, including 4 in Kawartha Lakes and 38 in Northumberland (decrease of 6 in Northumberland)
Probable cases: 0 (no change)
High-risk contacts: 343, including 27 in Kawartha Lakes, 187 in Northumberland, and 5 in Haliburton (net decrease of 26)
**Hospitalizations (total to date): 18, including 11 in Kawartha Lakes, 6 in Northumberland, and 1 in Haliburton (no change)
Deaths: 33 (no change)
Resolved: 404, including 201 in Kawartha Lakes, 176 in Northumberland, 27 in Haliburton (increase of 11, including 1 in Kawartha Lakes and 10 in Northumberland)
Institutional outbreaks: Case Manor Care Community in Bobcaygeon, Golden PloughLodge in Cobourg (decrease of 1)
***A total of 3 additional cases reported previously and transferred from other health units. These are not considered new cases, but have increased the case count for Northumberland by 3.
**This total includes 124 high-risk contacts directly followed up through the Public Health Ontario contact tracing process that are missing the contacts’ county.
***An outbreak at Extendicare Kawartha Lakes in Lindsay has been declared over.
- Jeannine Taylor
- Place of Publication
- Peterborough, ON
- Date of Original
- 23 Dec 2020
- Date Of Event
- 23 Dec 2020
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268