November 19: Daily COVID Update
- kawarthaNOW.com, 19 Nov 2020
- Taylor, Jeannine, Publisher
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The provincial government introduced stronger public health measures as the number of COVID-19 ICU patients climbed. Some health regions were moved into higher and more restrictive level.
Kawartha Lakes remained in the 'green' Prevent category as of November 19, 2020.
Confirmed positive: 275, including 191 in Kawartha Lakes, 61 in Northumberland, 23 in Haliburton (no change)
Active cases: 9, including 3 in Kawartha Lakes, 5 in Northumberland, and 1 in Haliburton (decrease of 1, in Northumberland)
Probable cases: 0 (no change)
High-risk contacts: 28, including 17 in Kawartha Lakes and 11 in Northumberland (net decrease of 1)
Hospitalizations (total to date): 16, including 11 in Kawartha Lakes, 4 in Northumberland, and 1 in Haliburton (no change)
Deaths: 33 (no change)
Resolved: 246, including 169 in Kawartha Lakes, 55 in Northumberland, 22 in Haliburton (increase of 1, in Northumberland)
Institutional outbreaks: Northumberland Hills Hospital in Cobourg (no change)
**The outbreak at Northumberland Hills Hospital is over as of November 19. The outbreak was declared on November 13 after two symptomatic staff tested positive forCOVID-19. Additional investigation has revealed information that the exposure site may have been outside of the hospital setting and there has been no further COVID-19 transmission has been identified among staff and patients.
- Jeannine Taylor
- Place of Publication
- Peterborough, ON
- Date of Original
- 19 Nov 2020
- Date Of Event
- 19 Nov 2020
- Personal Name(s)
- Ford, Doug, Premier
- Language of Item
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Kawartha Lakes Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:190 Kent St W.
Lindsay, ON K9V 2Y6
(705) 324-9411 extension 1268