LH2185 Oshawa Hospital Fifteenth Anniversary
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photo of the exterior of the Oshawa Hospital building on its fifteenth anniversary; after several additions.
- To deal with unsatisfactory health conditions in the town, sixty women from various churches established the Hospital Auxiliary in 1907 to raise funds for the building of a hospital. Originally built and opened in 1910, it housed a Nursing School until the program merged with Durham College in the 1970s. It officially became an accredited "General Hospital" in 1923 after a maternity and surgical wing were added to the building. There have been several additions since its inception, including two McLaughlin family wings. The hospital is currently part of the Lakeridge Health Group.
- "Oshawa Hospital Fifteenth Anniversary, 1925"
- Date of Publication:
Width: 18 cm
Height: 12.5 cm
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
Oshawa Public Libraries
Agency street/mail address
Local History and Genealogy Librarian,
65 Bagot Street,
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2