LH1047 New Anglican Church - Centre Street, Oshawa - exterior
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Black and white photo of the exterior of St. George's Memorial Church.
- St. George's Memorial Church was originally built on a parcel of land donated to the congregation by Mr. Warren in the 1840s. The little wooden church at the corner of King St. and Park Road held services until a new church was built in 1858. At this time the congregation was moved to John and Centre Sts, where Memorial Park is located today. In 1880 a Parish Hall and Sunday School addition was built. By the twentieth century the notion of a new building was floating around the parish again, with the corner stone of the current St. George's Memorial Church being laid by Major General J.H. McBrien in 1922.
- "New Anglican Church Centre St., Oshawa"
- Date of Original:
- early 1900s
Width: 7 cm
Height: 3.5 cm
- Corporate Name(s):
- The Anglican Church of Canada
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Oshawa Public Libraries
Agency street/mail address
Local History and Genealogy Librarian,
65 Bagot Street,
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2