LH2561 King Street Track Removal - looking east from Simcoe Street
- Media Type
- Item Type
- In May 1963, the Canadian National train tracks running down the middle of King Street were removed.
Visible on the right are The Globe Café, the Marks Theatre, the Biltmore Theatre and Odeon Theatre, Marten's Furs, Shell service station, Hertz Rentals and the Oshawa Clinic On the left are visible The Rotunda Restaurant, Buehler's Meats, Stephenson’s Jewellefs, Jewell's Men's Wear, Henderson's Book Store, Canning's Ltd, Beneficial Finance, The Regent Theatre, Genosha Hotel and the Plaza Theatre
- Showing at the Regent if "The Young Ones" and at the Biltmore, "Oklahoma" and "Broken Land"
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.8976306757105 Longitude: -78.8635925887299
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original
- PHOTO GPC B-008 000498
- please credit Oshawa Public Libraries, Local History Collection
- Oshawa Public LibrariesEmail
Agency street/mail address
Newspapers are not yet digitized. Please contact us for scanned articles.
Nicole Adams, Local History and Genealogy Librarian
65 Bagot Street
Oshawa, ON L1H 1N2
905-579-6111 EXT 5253