Family starving. Indian Risks Simcoe Ice For Food
- Newmarket Era and Express (Newmarket, ON), 14 Apr 1949, p. 1, column 6
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Fighting his way tortuously through piles of broken ice, Harold McGee, 35, Indian father of two small children, finally reached Snake Island a mile and a quarter out in Lake Simcoe with food and milk for his starving family and three other residents of the island, late Sunday.
- Date of Publication
- 14 Apr 1949
- Personal Name(s)
- McGee, Harold ; Day, Bert ; Bell, William ; Ashquabe, Jim ; Ashquabe, Duncan ; Asquabe, Stanley
- Corporate Name(s)
- Lake Simcoe
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 44.05011 Longitude: -79.46631
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Newmarket Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
438 Park Ave.
Newmarket, ON L3Y 1W1