Knox Presbyterian Church in Port Carling was the scene of an interesting wedding on Saturday, September 22nd, 1951, when Jessie Irene Blair, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George E. Blair of Glen Orchard, Ontario, formerly of Grimsby, was united in marriage to John Isaac Love, son of Mrs. Lambert Love, also of Glen Orchard, Muskoka.
The officiating minister was the Rev. Wayne Smith. The church was lavishly and beautifully decorated with pink and white gladioli. Mrs. Wilfrid Irvin sang very sweetly "O Perfect Love" and "A Wedding Prayer". The wedding march was played by Mrs. J.C. Blair of Preston.
The bride was beautifully gowned in white satin with fitted bodice and full skirt. She wore a fingertip veil with coronet and carried a bouquet of white chrysanthemums. The maid of honour, Miss Freda Blair, the bride's sister, wore a floor-length gown of moss green taffeta and the bridesmaid, Miss Grace Woodward of Toronto, wore a matching gown of rust taffeta. They carried bouquets of bronze gladioli.
Mr. Paul Love attended his brother as groomsman.
A reception was held later at Glen Home, the residence of the groom's mother, where some 60 guests were served a buffet supper.
[lengthy list of out of town guests]
The bride and groom left immediately after the reception on a short motor trip, the bride travelling in a powder blue tailored suit with matching accessories. On returning they will take up residence at Glen Orchard.