Trinity United Church, Beamsville, was the scene on Saturday, September 15th, 1951, of the wedding of Rachel Anna Thomson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank J. Thomson, to Mr. Hugh Laverne Garner, son of Mr. and Mrs. Orval S. Garner, of Silverdale, with the Rev. C.M. Currie, B.D., Ph.D., officiating. The chancel of the church was decorated with baskets of gladioli and silver candelabra with tall white tapers.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore traditional Chantilly lace over satin, with a slight train. Her fingertip veil was caught to a Juliet cap of satin and lace trimmed with seed pearls, and she carried a cascade of white fleur d'amour. Her maid of honour, Miss Betty Sutherland, of Freelton, and flower girl, Miss Janice Garner, cousin of the groom, were gowned alike in brown and pink net over peach taffeta with tight-fitting jackets of copper-brown velvet. They wore matching velvet Juliet caps and each carried a hoop of pinky-bronze 'mums.
The groom was attended by Mr. Ralph Lane, of Silverdale, while Mr. David Thomson and Mr. Frank Thomson, brothers of the bride, acted as ushers.
Miss Janet Sutherland was soloist, singing The Lord's Prayer and Ave Maria with Mr. Wallace Findlay presiding at the organ.
The reception was held at Hotel Henley, St. Catharines, where Mr. and Mrs. Thomson and Mr. and Mrs. Garner received with the bridal party. The bride's mother wore a floor-length gown of moss green crepe with pale pink feather hat, pink accessories and corsage of Pinnochio roses. The groom's mother was attired in gold satin, floor-length, with brown hat and accessories and corsage of Talisman roses.
For travelling the bride wore a rust-coloured boucle knitted suit, brown velvet hat and accessories and a corsage of Talisman roses. Mr. and Mrs. Garner will reside in Smithville.