Marjorie Edith Haworth, daughter of Mrs. Edward Haworth and the late Mr. Edward Haworth, became the bride of Leroy Grant Zimmerman, son of Mr. and Mrs. M. Zimmerman, Saturday, August 4th, 1951, at 2:30 p.m.
The ceremony was performed by the Rev. E.A. Brooks and Archdeacon Scovil at St. Andrew's Anglican Church, Grimsby. The church was beautifully decorated with pink and white gladioli, the pews individually decorated with white satin bows and pink gladioli.
Wedding music was played by Mr. Webster. Soloist was Mr. Harold Jarvis, who sang "The Lord's Prayer" and "Perfect Love". The bride was given in marriage by her cousin, Mr. F. Waddington, of Shady Side, Maryland, N.J.
The bride looked lovely in a white lace gown with lace bodice featuring Peter Pan collar and lily point sleeves, and bouffant skirt of net over lace and taffeta, flowing into a short train. A Juliet lace cap, studded with pearls, held her fingertip veil of illusion. Her bouquet was Pinnochio roses and stephanotis.
Senior bridesmaid was Miss Gloria Jarvis, who wore a blue lace gown over taffeta. The junior bridesmaid was Miss Sheila Zimmerman, who wore a floor-length dress of pink nylon over white taffeta. Their headdresses were bands of flowers and their bouquets were pink roses.
Mr. John Pasche acted as the groomsman and ushers were Mr. Donald Catton and Mr. R. Arkell.
A reception was held at the home of the groom's parents. Receiving was the bride's mother, who wore a black and white sheer dress with shell pink hat and corsage of pink roses. The groom's mother assisted in powder blue sheer and corsage of pink roses.
The couple left on a motor trip to the coast of Maine, the bride wearing a mauve nylon and seersucker suit with navy accessories, and corsage of pink roses. On their return they will reside at Main St. West, Grimsby.