Trinity United Church, Grimsby, was the scene of the wedding on Saturday afternoon at 3:30 o'clock, when the Rev. Kenneth Lemkay united in marriage Marilyn Frances, daughter of Mrs. Millyard and the late Mr. Carman D. Millyard, Grimsby, and Gordon Terence Ruse, of Calgary, Alta., son of Mr. and Mrs. J. Clark Ruse, Grimsby. The bride's uncle, Mr. Wylie Theal, gave her in marriage.
A bouffant gown of white silk net over taffeta, the skirt having rows of shirring to form an apron effect, and the jacket having high collar and long sleeves, was worn by the bride. Her tulle veil was gathered into a crown of pearls, and in her bouquet were arranged mauve orchids, stephanotis and white lace butterflies.
Miss Peggy Dowie and Miss Alison Jefferies, attending the bride, wore gowns of deep lilac marquisette made with low square necklines and full skirts, and their small hats matched. They carried peonies and lace butterflies shading from mauve-pink to American Beauty, with trailing ivy.
Groomsman was Mr. William Lewis, Grimsby, with four ushers: Mr. John Reese, Grimsby; Messrs. James Ruse and Robert Dye, of Toronto, and Mr. John Millyard, Grimsby.
Flowers in church were peonies, shading from mauve-pink to American Beauty, and with mauve to purple delphinium. Mr. Kenneth Baxter was the organist, and Mr. Harold Jarvis sang.
About 100 guests were welcomed at the reception in the home of the bride, by the bride's mother, who wore an afternoon costume in delphinium blue, with American Beauty and lilac corsage. Navy blue taffeta, navy marquisette redingote and pale pink hat and accessories were worn by the mother of the groom. A strawberry pink shantung suit with mauve was worn by the bride for going away. The couple will live at 1328 13th Avenue West, Calgary, Alberta.