James C. Troughton, a resident of Burlington for many years before moving to Grimsby 6 years ago, died Sunday in West Lincoln Memorial Hospital, in his 88th year.
Born in Kendal, Westmoreland, England, Mr. Troughton came to Burlington in 1912 and operated a shoe-repair business in that town for many years. He retired in 1934.
He was a member of the Knox Presbyterian Church, serving on the board of session, and was also a member of the Sons of England Benefit Society, No. 156, and chaplain of the society for many years.
Surviving are two sons, John and Gordon, of Burlington; two daughters, Mrs. Jack Simmons, of Detroit, and Mrs. Ernest Oakes, of Burlington; two sisters, Mrs. Charles Tiplady and Mrs. James Wilkinson, of England. Five grandchildren and three great grandchildren also survive.