A quiet wedding was solemnized in the St. Andrew's Church, Grimsby, at 8 o'clock, Jan. 15th, 1949, when Rev. E.A.Brooks united in marriage Rose Kay, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Senyk, Welland, to George Robert, son of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Robertson, R.R. 1, Grimsby.
The bride, given away by Mr. Howard Robertson, cousin of the groom, was gowned in white satin, fashioned with lace. Her fingertip veil was caught by a satin headdress. She carried a bouquet of red roses and white hyacinths.
Her attendants were Miss Carolyn Warner, Grimsby, gowned in pink net over satin with matching headdress. Mrs. Clifford Walker, sister of the groom, was gowned in aqua braided net over satin with matching headdress. The flower girl, Betty Lou Walker, niece of the groom, was in pink taffeta with matching flower headdress.
All carried yellow chrysanthemums.
Mr. Bernard Prevost, Grimsby, was best man and Messrs. Clifford Walker and Robert Robertson ushered. Mrs. Maurice Wise, Williamsville, N.Y., aunt of the groom, was the soloist during the signing of the register.
About 70 guests attended the reception at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Robertson. The bride's mother wore a brown crepe dress with a corsage of pink roses, while the groom's mother wore a blue flowered silk jersey with a corsage of yellow chrysanthemums.
Going away the bride was in a wine crepe dress with brown accessories.
After a wedding trip to the United States, the bride and groom will reside in North Grimsby.
Guests were present from Williamsville, N.Y., Hamilton, Welland, Beamsville, Grassie and Grimsby.