Snetsinger, son (Died on 10 Aug 1915)
appeared in Grimsby Independent, 11 Aug 1915, p. 4

Full Text

While playing around the kitchen at the home of his grandparents, Mr. and Mrs. Hiram Krick, South Grimsby, on Tuesday afternoon, the little 19 months old son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Snetsinger, fell into a large pail of boiling water and was severely scalded, so much so that he expired a short time afterwards. Medical aid was immediately summoned but was to no avail. Convulsions set in and he passed away shortly after the accident.

(Added note in the 25 Aug 1915 issue, page 4: In our issue of two weeks ago, we stated that the little baby of Mr. and Mrs. A. Snetsinger had been scalded to death. This was wrong. The baby fell into the pail of warm water, but death was due to convulsions caused from a shock to the nervous system.)

Media Type:
Genealogical Resource
Item Type:
Death notices
Newspaper located at the Grimsby Museum.
Date of Publication:
11 Aug 1915
Date Of Event:
10 Aug 1915
Last Name(s):
Language of Item:
Geographic Coverage:
  • Ontario, Canada
    Latitude: 43.20011 Longitude: -79.56631
Copyright Statement:
Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Grimsby Public Library
WWW address
Agency street/mail address

Grimsby Public Library

18 Carnegie Lane

Grimsby Ontario

Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit

My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.

Snetsinger, son (Died on 10 Aug 1915)