Official Party at Launching of Corvette H.M.C.S. Whitby, 1943
- Unknown, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A black and white group photograph of members of Whitby's Town Council who attended the launch of the Corvette H.M.C.S. Whitby. From left to right:
Back Row: Fred T. Rowe (Mayor), John R. Frost (Town Clerk), Francis McIntyre (Chairman of Whitby War Effort Committee), James Ormiston (Deputy Reeve), Rev. A.E. Ingram, Mrs. John S. Leitch, Robert Deverell (Reeve), Robert McNee
Front Row: Andrew Muir, Peter Draimin, Warren Mowat.
- In 1943, the Town of Whitby sponsored the construction of the Corvette H.M.C.S. Whitby, which was launched on September 18, 1943 from the shipyards at Midland, Ontario. This photograph was published in the Daily Times Gazette.
- Launching of Corvette "Whitby"
Rev. A.E. Ingram. Mrs. Jno. S. Leitch.
Francis McIntyre Chairman War-effort Com.
Fred T. Rowe Mayor R. Deverell Reeve Counselors - R. McNee. Andy Muir
John R. Frost Town clerk Jas. Ormiston Dep. Reeve Peter Dreyman Warren Mowat
- Date of Original:
- September 18, 1943
Width: 6 cm
Height: 6 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 6cm
Image Height: 6cm
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Scanned from copy negative
Whitby Public Library
Agency street/mail address